ShieldLife.com 30-Day Money Back Guarantee!
Returning an Item
You have 30 days from the date of shipment to initiate the return or exchange of an item. After 30 days all sales are final and all items are subject to the terms and conditions of the Shield Life Limited warranty. Independent dealer policies may differ.
To qualify for a return:
- You must contact Shield Life customer service either by phone or email to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before returning an item. Return shipments without a valid RMA number clearly posted on the outside of the shipping box will not be accepted.
- All items must be returned in new, unused, sellable condition, in the same condition as they were sent, in the original manufacturer's packaging (including the box the item was shipped in or a comparable shipping box), with all paperwork, parts and accessories to ensure full credit.
- Returned items that are soiled, damaged or missing parts are not eligible for a refund. We are not obligated to accept returns if the item is not in the same condition as it was sent.
- Some electrical and electronic items may require some guided testing on the consumer's end before a RMA can be issued.
- Some items are not returnable due to health and hygiene hazards. To consider the safety for all our customers from such hazards, items such as (bedding, clothing, pet bedding) and any other items related to bedding are non-returnable if the item is or has been used.
All items properly returned under this policy are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping*, handling, gift wrap, or other charges. Items returned but not in compliance with this return policy may be returned to you at your expense.
In some special cases a RMA may be issued on an item that does not fully meet the return policy criteria. In this event we reserve the right to issue a partial refund to cover administrative costs associated with that return.
Here are the basic steps to return an item:
- To obtain a RMA number fill out the online Returns Request Form at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have sent your RMA number, please write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the shipping box. Items received without a valid RMA number will be rejected.
- Pack the item securely in the original package (including the box the item was shipped in or a comparable box).
- Enclose a copy of the original invoice with the item. Be sure to keep the original invoice for your records. If you cannot send a copy of your invoice, please include your order number, billing name, and address with the item.
- All products must be returned in new, unused, sellable condition, in original manufacturer's packaging, with all paperwork, parts and accessories to insure full credit.
- We recommend using a shipping method that provides package tracking, so you can check the status of your return. All return shipping charges must be prepaid. We cannot accept C.O.D. deliveries.
- Send the return package to:
Shield LifeReturns Department
11832 1/2 ALONDRA BLVD.
NORWALK, CA 90650
Please note: If there is extensive damage to an item upon delivery, immediately e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 562-946-3377 for instructions.
- Refunds are normally issued within 30 days of our receipt of complete, authorized returns. Credit will be issued in the same form as the original payment (i.e. credit card credit for items paid for by credit card or a refund check for items paid for by check, etc.).
* Shield Life will deduct the actual shipping and handling costs from any return that originally received Free Shipping.
Exchanging an Item
You have 30 days from the date of shipment to exchange an item.
To exchange an item quickly, place an order for the new item by phone or the website and follow the above Return process on the item you wish to return.
You can also exchange an item through the above Returns process, but specify with the return what item you wish to exchange it for. Any price differences of the exchanged item(s) will be charged or credited to the original method of payment.
All items that you are returning for exchange are subject to the same criteria as the above Return Policy.
Damaged or Defective Items
If you receive a damaged or defective item, contact us immediately at 562-946-3377. Please supply us with your order number and item number from your original confirmation email. We will also need your email address and phone number. Shield Life will make every reasonable effort to replace the item in a timely manner.
If there is extensive damage to the carton, refuse the delivery and contact us immediately at 562-946-3377. Please have your order number available when you contact us.
In the event that we send you a replacement, you will be required to return the damaged or defective item within 30 days to avoid being charged for both the replacement and the original. Additionally, we can only replace the exact item and version you ordered.
Shield Life will honor Express shipping refunds due to service failure on the part of FedEx Express, only when FedEx honors their "Money Back Guarantee" due to shipments that are delivered beyond the expected delivery date set by FedEx at the time of shipment. The "Free Ground Shipping" option does not qualify for a shipping refund.
Shield Life will deduct the actual shipping and handling costs from any return that originally received Free Shipping.
The customer is responsible for all shipping and handling charges on refused orders, with the exception of damaged shipments. This includes both the outbound and return shipping and handling charges.
You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days of our receiving your returned product.
Manufacturer's Limited Warranty
Shield Life guarantees that all of our products are free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one-year from the date of purchase. If it is defective, Shield Life will repair or replace it for you.
DAMAGE TO SHIELD LIFE PRODUCT RESULTING FROM ACCIDENT, FIRE, FLOOD OR OTHER NATURAL DISASTERS, MISUE, ABUSE, UNAUTHORIZED SERVICE, OR VIOLATION OF THE CARE ANDUSE INSTRUCTIONS PRINTED IN THE USERS' MANUAL WILL VOID THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
The Limited Warranty is valid only for, and not transferable from, the original purchaser or gift recipient. No Limited Warranty service is available without proof of purchase or valid gift receipt from an authorized dealer.
Please contact Shield Life with any repairs questions.
11832 1/2 ALONDRA BLVD.
NORWALK, CA 90650562-946-3377
Changing or Canceling Your Order
After you have clicked the last "Continue" button and can view your invoice, your order begins to process and you cannot make any online changes to your order. To change or cancel your order prior to shipment, you must e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 562-946-3377. Please note that most orders process quickly and can enter the shipping process within minutes. If your order has already entered the shipping process, it cannot be changed or canceled.The customer is responsible for all shipping charges on refused orders, with the exception of damaged merchandise. This includes both the outbound and return shipping charges.Orders canceled or refused after they have shipped will be treated as a return. Transaction fees we incur for orders totaling $500 or more, canceled after the day they were placed will be deducted from refunds. The following transaction fees apply:
- Visa / MasterCard / Discover / PayPal - 2.5% of total purchase price
- American Express - 4.5% of total purchase price
Occasionally, orders or parts of an order are canceled by our system for various reasons. Some reasons are:
- Item(s) not available.
- Difficulty in processing your payment information.
- Cannot ship to address provided.
- Duplicate order was placed.
- Canceled due to a customer request.
If your order is canceled, you will receive a notice regarding your order via email which will explain the reason for the cancellation. You will not be billed for any canceled items. If you are interested in alternative products, please e-mail us at email@example.com for a recommendation.
Credit cards accepted:
PayPal (US Orders only)
For your security, your "Bill To" name and address must match that of the credit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not match this criteria. The "Ship To" does not have to match the credit card billing address.
We do not accept checks, money orders or C.O.D.
State law requires that we charge applicable sales tax on orders shipped to addresses in the state of California. The current sales tax is set at 9.00%.
Customs Duties, Taxes, and Brokerage Fees
On all international shipments Customs Duties, Taxes, and Brokerage Fees are the responsibility of the purchaser (Consignee). Since these fees are unknown at the time of purchase they are not included in the sales price. These fees are normally collected by the shipping company at, or shortly after delivery, but sometimes they will send us the bill and we will collect directly from the purchaser, usually charged to the original method of payment that was used for the initial transaction.
Enforcement of Terms,
Conditions and PoliciesBy accessing and using the Shield Life.com web site, you agree that your access to and use of this web site is subject to these terms, conditions and policies, as well as all applicable laws, as governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the state of California, United States of America.All policies, prices and information on this website are subject to change without notice.